- Posted December 19, 2013 by
- Presbyterian Village North Helps Raise Awareness of Heart Disease
- Presbyterian Communities and Services Appoints Three Senior Level Executives
- Seniors Mentor Local Children Through Big Brothers Big Sisters Program
- Seniors Mentor Local Children Through Grand Pals Program
- Exercise Increases Energy Levels in Seniors
Local Christmas Angels Decorate Scarborough Terrace
There is always so much to do around the holidays and the staff at Scarborough Terrace Assisted Living is grateful for the help they received from holiday angels who came to deck the halls of the senior living community. One particular “angel”—Bud Hanson—has been volunteering and decorating the community for 12 years.
“I love the people at Scarborough Terrace and found a fun way to get together with them every year,” said Hanson. “I live in a condo within walking distance of the community, so with the help of some fellow Stoney Creek Condo Association members, we were able to take some decorating stress off the shoulders of the staff.”
Hanson was previously employed by Scarborough Terrace as a driver from 1998-2001. Ever since then, he has kept in touch with the staff and residents and enjoys helping however he can. Each year, he and his team decorate five Christmas trees along with the entryway and sign out front.
“We have a very special place in our hearts for Bud and his decorating angels,” said Terry Huntley, RN and executive director for Scarborough Terrace. “We love the atmosphere they create in the community and all of the Christmas cheer they bring to the residents.”