- Posted December 20, 2013 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- HS Teacher Suspended Science Projects Launce Projectiles: Zero Common Sense Policy
- Cliven Bundy & BLM Stand Off: What the media isn't telling you!
- Cliven Bundy, BLM Land Grab situation over for now but the devil is in the details!
- Help Cliven Bundy -- Cattle Rancher Under Siege by BLM
- New York SAFE Act Gun Registration Nears: April 15
Opinion: Phil Robertson Controversy
I believe in Phil Robertson's assessment, that homosexuality is a sin, and I also believe in the notion that if two consenting adults wish to engage in that life style, than they should be free to do so long as they do not violate the rights of others, or their neighbors.
What is interesting is that it is okay to express views that go along with the mainstream elite, politically correct or liberal crowd, but the moment you say something contrary to their beliefs, suddenly than, you are labeled as some racist, homophobic or even "islamophobic" individual. Of course, this is done without knowing the individual or even trying to understand why they believe the way that they do.
Remember, our Constitution not only protects popular speech or opinions, but our Founding Fathers, put the 1st Amendment to the Constitution to protect unpopular speech as well.