- Posted December 21, 2013 by
- BREAKING NEWS: Very Strong earthquake magnitude 6.7 – East Of Martinique, Windward Is
- GLOBAL ALERT: Forget Global Warming, Worry About The MAGNETOSPHERE - Earth's Magnetic Field Is COLLAPSING And It Could Affect The Climate, Wipe Out Power Grids and The End Of Life!
- Sun Flatlining Into Grand Minimum, Says Solar Physicist
- Earth in danger - Giant sunspot 1944 has rotated onto the Earth-facing side of the solar disk
- GLOBAL ALERT: The Sun Magnetic Field Fully Reversed, Solar Maximum Already Here
The Philippine Plate likewise tilts its eastern side up, dropping its western side down.
Mendana, an engineer, said some of the town’s islands are now “flooded during high tide by 1.4 meters,” while some islands are now “fully flooded during high tide,” a phenomenon he attributed to the “upliftment” of some land areas in Maribojoc and Loon towns, and the “subsidence” in the land elevation here after the tremor.
In Punta Cruz, Maribojoc, sources from the Mines and Geosciences Bureau noted the “upliftment” of the coastal area there by at least 1.5 meter, drying up what used to be a seabed with shellfish and corals.
“Now we have to walk some 100 meters to reach the sea, and we now get direct to the dive site,” Punta Cruz barangay chairperson and resort operator Lourdes Endo said in an interview. “I miss the waters around here.”
Since the seawater near the shore is gone, “shellfish gathering” has become a thing of the past in that part of Bohol, Maribojoc executive chief of staff Oscar Valles, told Beck’s team in a briefing Dec. 9 at the town hall.