- Posted December 24, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Ashton’s an engineer and your friends are giraffes: #StuffToKnow this week
- Apple freebies, #Music killed and Capt America back: #StuffToKnow this week
- BlackBerry sold, Google’s birthday and Youtube kills trolls: #StuffToKnow this week
- Embarrassing iPhones, Twitter’s IPO and Miley again: #StuffToKnow this week
- Microsoft’s Nokia, Samsung's Galaxy Gear and Yahoo! looking meh: #StuffToKnow on the Web this week
'I already won' - Edward Snowden, NSA leaker
"For me, in terms of personal satisfaction, the mission’s already accomplished,"
as well as:
"I already won. As soon as the journalists were able to work, everything that I had been trying to do was validated."
It should be noted that Snowden did try initially telling 17 co-workers and superiors of the massive misconduct that was happening within the NSA from as early as October of 2012. The main program he was pointing to was the Boundless Informant program which was garner colossal amounts of data on United States citizens. But all his protests fell on deaf ears and so, half a year later, he began discussions with reporters
Snowden has also gone on record saying he is trying to help the NSA not go against it, this was just the only way he could make that happen:
"I am not trying to bring down the NSA, I am working to improve the NSA,"
"I am still working for the NSA right now. They are the only ones who don’t realize it."
Since the leaks a federal judge declared the NSA's collection programme probably was unconstitutional. Obama has set up a presidential advisory panel which so far has suggested 46 changes to NSA operations.
Good job, Mr Snowden.