- Posted December 27, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- South Camden Theatre Company Announces 2014 - 2015 Season
- Eco Minded Solutions Provides Environmentally Sensitive Landscaping Options During Historic Drought
- TouchTone Wireless Chief Executive Officer James D'Asti's Family Learns What 'Hero' Means from the Warrior Amputee Football Team
- SBGA Continues to Offer Members Simple Cost-Cutting Solutions for Recurring Billing
- Lucrazon Global Brand Partners Empower Small Business Owners Through New E-commerce and Merchant Service Platform
L&O Wireless, Inc. Introduces Zen Node - Intelligent Fire Alert and Emergency Help Button Appliance
Zen Node main and unique benefits
1. Up-smart the smoke detectors you already have - Zen Node allows your existing fire and smoke detection systems to communicate with you when you are out of the house, without the use of a monitoring company. Zen Node functions as an "ear" that listens and detects smoke alarm sound pattern. Once the sound pattern is detected, Zen Node informs you directly of the emergency. Zen Node is a simple addition to what you already have. There is no need to replace your existing smoke detectors with expensive "smart" devices.
2. Coverage - One Zen Node can cover most typical homes. A single device has a listening radius of about 24 feet. That's an area of 1800 sq. ft., which will typically cover a number of smoke detectors. This is in contrast to competition offerings which require replacing each smoke detector with a special device - an expensive proposition.
3. No fees, no service plans, no contracts, no 3rd party - Zen Node provides a direct link between the device and you. It sends notification directly to your smartphone (or to anybody you designated). Your data stays with you. There is no need to sign a contract with anybody and no need to pay any service fees.
This direct communication approach makes Zen Node unique. Other monitoring solutions require signing up with external monitoring and service call center. This entails service plan subscriptions, contracts, monthly fees and sharing of personal data.
4. Help button - Separately from the fire alert, Zen Node integrates a call button that generates SMS/email to notify that someone is in need for immediate attention. This button is the simplest and shortest way to alert you of loved ones in need.
- Zen Node includes patent-pending sound analyzing and detection system and an emergency push button function. The sensor performs sound pattern recognition to distinguish between standard-based smoke detector alarm sound and any unrelated noise, to prevent false alarms.
- Zen Node employs USB form factor communication controller that plugs into available USB port of home or business PC and acts as a network coordinator. Together they establish 2.4GHz low power Zigbee private wireless network. The controller can handle and interconnect any amount of Zen Nodes, automatically configuring them into Zigbee mesh network.
- Free downloadable PC application, currently supporting Window XP, Vista and Windows 7. It enables easy programming of phone numbers and email addresses of alert recipients.
- Simple, reliable notification mechanism: when fire alarm sound is detected or when Help button is pressed, Zen Node sends wireless alert over Zigbee network to the communication controller. The controller wakes up the PC and activates the application which sends email to user or text, using email-to-text gateway of the cellular provider.
- Dimensions: The device is 2.94"W x 0.98"H (2.94"W x 1.12"H with integrated wall mounting plate) and weighs less than 5 oz. It is powered by 2 AAA batteries.
Availability - Zen Node pre-orders are available now through Indiegogo funding campaign. Campaign can be viewed at::