- Posted December 27, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
New Hope for 2014
For example in the treatment of cancer, they do not give the exact chemo treatment as every one else. They are using the unique DNA of the person and the cancer to get rid of this growth. The same should be true of teens' programs.
There may be several reasons contributing to a person's behavior. The following may be the reasons why this problem (delinquency of minors) is occurring more today then when it seems to not have happened a generation ago. Each of these items may represent a small or big reason for why they behave that way.
1) Not enough daily exercise. As given today's news, parents are afraid to allow their kids to go outside and play. Thus this excess pent-up energy of kids will result in bad behavior. In addition to staying at home, they end up on the computer hours at a time. Perhaps bullying other kids on the social media as a result.
To remedy these problems they should create play zones around neighborhood parks. They would close some less traveled streets to traffic around these parks. Organizers would bring in bikes, soccer balls, climbing walls and other items for these kids to use. They would open these "play zones" right after school so kids can burn off pent up energy. Volunteer parents could monitor these parks. Then you will have better behaving kids afterwards.
2) Too much caffeine in those energy drinks. You would be surprise how much caffeine they put in those drinks. (Just Google this.) Too much caffeine will result in bad behavior. This can be a problem especially if kids are in tight quarters like buses. To remedy this, they ought to lower the caffeine level for those drinks sold to minors.
3) Consider using "Hands-on" education to teach math and other subjects as well as visual aids to reach students. Many of us are not good listeners. I believe many people may be bad at English since you have to be a good listener in class. Yet they may be excellent at Scrabble. It is require for you to be a good note taker and a good listener to do well in class and on any job. Otherwise people will do poorly at these endeavors. Then they will end up poor and perhaps in trouble as a result. So please expand research on state of the art hands-on education. It could pay for itself by the social problems savings that it prevents.
4) Consider blood tests to see why some teens may appear to be "lazy." Thus cannot keep some jobs for long. Some medical problems like hypo thyroid, type-2 diabetes (for obese kids), depression and even sleep apnea may cause lack of energy in people. Then they may not keep jobs for long. Then begins this cycle downward.
5) Finally, there may be a mental health issue.
In conclusion, just like curing someone of cancer is not a simple task, the same can be said of these delinquent juvenile programs. Just like the treatment of cancer must be done early enough, juvenile programs need to be administered to people early enough in their lives. As we humans are not simple creatures and we are not the same as any other person. The same should be done with any juvenile program, as well.
Perhaps 2014 will be a new dawn of HOPE that will shine bright in all corners of dark hopeleness. That we Americans will solve any problem that is facing our great nation in more ways than one by us all working together!
- My life