Share this on:
 E-mail
5
VIEWS
0
COMMENTS
 
SHARES
About this iReport
  • Not vetted for CNN

  • Click to view omeroscar's profile
    Posted December 28, 2013 by
    omeroscar
    Location
    Manila

    More from omeroscar

    Phl to face calamities in 2014

     
    THE Philippine government has put in place funds and plans to face possible calamities in 2014, Malacañang assured the public on Saturday.
    Speaking for the government, deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said various agencies, including the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), have planned calamity and contingency funds for next year.
    "Our agencies, including the DBM, have planned calamity and contingency funds for next year. So we have made preparations for 2014)," she told the state-run dzRB Radyo ng Bayan (People’s Radio) in Manila.
    Valte said President Benigno Aquino III and his Cabinet had been busy in the past few weeks planning the rehabilitation of areas affected by super typhoon "Yolanda" (Haiyan) that killed thousands of people in Central Philippines and ravaged billions of pesos.
    “Yolanda” battered Regions 6, 7 and 8 in the Visayas and Southern Luzon last November 8.
    She said the Philippine government has drawn up a rehabilitation plan for areas affected by the monster typhoon.

    What do you think of this story?

    Select one of the options below. Your feedback will help tell CNN producers what to do with this iReport. If you'd like, you can explain your choice in the comments below.
    Be and editor! Choose an option below:
      Awesome! Put this on TV! Almost! Needs work. This submission violates iReport's community guidelines.

    Comments

    Log in to comment

    iReport welcomes a lively discussion, so comments on iReports are not pre-screened before they post. See the iReport community guidelines for details about content that is not welcome on iReport.

    Add your Story Add your Story