- Posted January 1, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Will CNN's Jeff Zucker Replace 'News' With Reality TV?
- Does Raising the Minimum Wage Help U.S. and State Governments More Than It Helps Workers?
- Give 'Time for Some Traffic Problems' Bridget Kelly Immunity? Only If Testimony Leads to Christie and Sampson
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death, the U.S. Afghanistan Invasion,the CIA, and the U.S. and European Heroin Usage and Death Explosion
- U.S. Tax Policy Bigoted Against 'Manual Labor' And Favors 'Making Money With Money'
Hey, GOP, Stop Besmirching the Term, "The American People"
So stop using us to CYA. Be men and own the austerity you impose so that your corporate buddies can be enriched. We're tired of being the excuse for your cruelty. Americans are good hearted and the GOP is not.
Have you ever noticed when Republican representatives are about to pass legislation that hurts the "American People", they always preface their dirty deed by using the term that it's "The American People" that want us to act this way.
Which "American People" are the GOP referring to?
I don't know anybody that wants Unemployment benefits and food stamps cut for those still having a hard time finding work here when the same Congress doing the cutting allowed many good paying jobs to go to China.
Hey, GOP, stop hiding behind the term, "The American People".
You don't speak for American People anymore. You speak for corporate America and your cronies that promised you a $2 million dollar job after you've done their dirty work while you were in Congress.
Shame no longer resonates with the leadership in the GOP.