- Posted January 4, 2014 by
How to Merge PST and Remove Duplicates from Them
A PST file comprises of files, folder, messages, and various other items. A created PST file is stored in computer’s hard disk drive on a file server which can be easily accessed. It is very much possible Outlook user to create any number of PST files and save data.
Manual process to merge two PST files: There is manual procedure to merge multiple PST files. These steps are as follows:
1. First of all make backup of both PST files.
2. Then rename the restored editions of Mailbox.pst to Mailbox1.pst.
3. After this, copy the Mailbox1.pst to the directory which comprised of the working version of Mailbox.pst.
4. Then, add Mailbox1.pst to the active profile
5. Press ‘Options’ and then the Services tab from the Tools menu provided in the Viewer
6. Press ‘Personal Information Store’, press ‘Add’.
7. In the Available Information Services box, press Mailbox1.pst and press ‘OK’.
8. Keep pressing OK button until and unless all open dialog boxes get closed.
9. You will be able to see two Personal Folders icons on the left pane of the MS Exchange client. After merging process gets over, you will find old mail merged with the current working file
NOTE: The process mentioned above is not suitable for novices and persons with less technical knowledge. Besides this negative aspect, if you more than two PST files for merging, this process will not work. Being complicated and tough to work with, get on with some simple solution and less complicated.
But, what if you have 2, 3, 4 or more PST files to merge? You must buy an external utility for easily merging the bulk data in one PST file.
Because of high advanced technical arena, queries like can I merge PST files or can I remove Outlook duplicates is no more an unanswered question. If you have multiple PSTs in your computer machine, you would be able to merge them all of them easily with third-party tool.
Merge PST and remove duplicates with technically sound solution: You can take help of an online solution such as PST Merge software. This application will not restrict you from merging many PST files into one. It has plenty of inbuilt features which can merge various PSTs together into one.