- Posted January 5, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Wintry weather 2014
- Officer Spock has left the Planet Earth
- Why Lawmakers as Lawbreakers or Law Manipulators are exempt from Judicial Review?
- My Humble Request to Members of Dysfunctional Congress who seems to be “Wolves in the Sheep’s Clothing”.
- Churches, Temples, and Mosques are reminder of Medieval Era frozen in time.
- Rudolph William Louis “Rudy” Giuliani, Whose side are you on?
Why Chicago Public Schools are being used as Day Care Centers?
All schools in Chicago land will be open tomorrow, even though, weather forecast for tomorrow, Monday, Jan 6, 2014, will be freezing cold, snow with gusting wind 25 mph, visibility 1 mile, temperature as low as -14 degree and wind chills will be life threatening levels of 40 to 50 below.
Is there any concern for cold related injuries and emergencies including hypothermia and frostbite for children, especially who are using the public transportation? In my opinion, it will make sense to close the schools during bitter cold weather and let the kids stay home.
I wonder if the teachers will be playing baby sitters for few children whom have no other choice to show up at schools reluctantly.