- Posted January 6, 2014 by
Washington, District of Columbia
- Tips for Avoiding Pet Food Risks
- Hound & Gatos Pet Foods Corporation Awarded "2015 Most Trusted Pet Foods" Award
- 10 Biggest Scams and Mistakes the IRS Sees as Red Flags
- 10 Foods to Help Protect Your Body's Largest Organ - Your Skin
- Guardians of Rescue Place Rescue Dog as Service Dog with Local Veteran for Christmas
Rialto to Celebrate National Pizza Week January 5-11, 2014
The average America eats 46 slices of pizza per year, according to Pizza.com. The second week of January, the 5th-11th, is a great time to celebrate this fun food that so many love as it is National Pizza Week. During National Pizza Week, people are invited to Rialto, located in the heart of Georgetown, to enjoy a variety of specialty Neapolitan freshly made in-house pizzas.
“We have devoted a section of the first floor to the gourmet pizza station where our Pizziaoli is constantly creating traditional and unique pizzas for our customers,” explains Ryan Fichter, executive chef at Rialto. “People love the familiarity of pizza while we add a fun, different twist to the traditional style.”
Today pizza comes in many shapes and sizes since its migration to the country in the late 19th century. Whether diners want to enjoy a traditional pizza this week, or they would like to expand their culinary horizons and try a new twist, Rialto will have it covered. They are offering a variety of unique gourmet pizzas to choose form, including:
· Margherita de Bufala. Imported Bufala, mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil.
· Rucola e Proscuitto. Arugula, Proscuitto, and cherry tomato.
· Al Funghi. Mozzerella, Basil, and mixed seasonal mushrooms.
· Salsicca E Rapini. Mozzarella, homemade sausage, and broccoli rabe.
· Quattro Formaggi. Provolone, mozzarella, Fontina, and Parmesan.
“We are very excited to welcome everyone to Rialto for National Pizza Week, added Chef Fichter. “We think it’s going to be a great opportunity for people to try a variety of styles. Try one pizza, or make it a goal to try them all!”
Rialto is the third restaurant opened by entrepreneurs Ben Kirane, and Moe and Joe Idrissi. Located in the heart of Georgetown at 2915 M Street NW. The décor is unique, custom made, and most of the items have been imported from Europe. The restaurant features partially open kitchens, fresh pasta, imported specialty ingredients, fresh seafood, and a cheese counter. To learn more, visit the site at: www.RialtoDC.com.