- Posted January 7, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to confirm death of rebel leader
Malik led the attacks in Zamboanga City last September under the command of MNLF founder Nur Misuari.
Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma said Malik was rumored to have already died from diabetes and they are still waiting for updates from the Armed Forces of the Philippines regarding the matter.
Coloma stressed during a press briefinbg at the Palace that the MNLF leader has not surrendered after a warrant of arrest was issued against him as he’s also rebellion charges along with Misuari.
He also stressed that Malik’s rumored death will not affect in any way the peace process between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), a breakaway of the MNLF
Coloma said the national government was more preoccupied identifying the cause of rebellion in Zamboanga City that killed hundreds of people.
“We are looking at the whole peace process. We are looking at institutions, organizations, and not just individuals,” he said in Filipino.
He added: “If there is a reason for a rebellion, it is not affected by the life or death of a single individual only.”
Coloma said the national government was also looking forward to the completion of the peace process by the end of the month to avoid more cases of rebellions.