- Posted January 7, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Does marijuana help you?
- Officer Spock has left the Planet Earth
- Why Lawmakers as Lawbreakers or Law Manipulators are exempt from Judicial Review?
- My Humble Request to Members of Dysfunctional Congress who seems to be “Wolves in the Sheep’s Clothing”.
- Churches, Temples, and Mosques are reminder of Medieval Era frozen in time.
- Rudolph William Louis “Rudy” Giuliani, Whose side are you on?
Marijuana: Should it be Legalized at age 18?
In my opinion, there should never be an issue to acquire, produce, possess and responsible use of authorized amount of any drug including marijuana and alcohol for anyone 25 years and older. Instead the misuse and abuse of drugs, irresponsible actions of individuals and harmful effects should be in question and punished.
Policy makers are naive and wasting taxpayers valuable contributions and greater misuse of law enforcement resources by making frivolous laws to consider all drugs illegal without investigating any probable causes of misuse and abuse; when in-fact laws should be focused on the harmful effects based on misuse and abuse of any drug.
I suggest, lawmakers need to research and set new guidelines based on; when a casual use and minimum allowable amount of production and possession of any drug reach the stage of misuse and become abusive, addictive and harmful. All laws should be enacted accordingly to punish abuser for causing any harm, negligence, negative effects and consequences.
Of course, there should be stricter guidelines and laws based on the types of drugs and depending on the development stages of brain for all ages 24 years and younger. I suggest changing the age limit to 18 for less harmful substances like alcohol and marijuana.