- Posted January 7, 2014 by
- Georgian government starts massive attack on free media and opposition
- Activists Report: Russia Kills Children, Women In Syrian Airstrikes
- Syrian Opposition: Russia kills Syrian children
- The Republic of Georgia once again under Russian threat: NEW SANCTIONS AGAINST RUSSIA?
- Russia's "Holy War" Against The West
The closed security zone of Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
BBC says security measures reinforced in Sochi. The closed security zone of Sochi resort, which is to host winter Olympic Games 2014, will be extended to Georgia`s occupied Abkhazia.
Russian edition of the BBC has published an article, which says that the security measures in Sochi and the surrounding regions have been reinforced and these measures will be in force until the games are over.
The security measures are regulated under the decree issued by president of Russia Vladimir Putin. The same decree includes the creation of the closed security zone, where only persons with official or job missions will be accepted.
The borders of the closed zone have been specified in the decree - one part of it passes on the Karachai-Circassia border and reaches the borders of Abkhazia - the author of the article calls Abkhazia as breakaway region of Georgia.
BBC is also reporting that the zone will include controlled areas, where the visitors will have to pass police check up. Over 30 thousand officers of Russian police and military troops will be deployed to the security zones.
Source: Rustavi2 News