- Posted January 9, 2014 by
- Pioneer Title Agency Goes Wild (Wild West) For Charity
- The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Department Presents Forest Canyon Endoscopy & Surgery with SHARP Designation
- Leonardo Loo Receives 2013 Community Leader of the Year Award from National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Arizona Association for Economic Development March Luncheon to Discuss Southern Arizona and Mexico Commerce Connections
- Quarles & Brady’s Phoenix Office Receives Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition
The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Department Presents Mapei with SHARP Designation
“At ADOSH we believe that an employer’s safety efforts are an integral part of the entire company operations,” said Jessie Atencio, assistant director and consultation and training program manager for ADOSH. “Companies that earn the SHARP award show the responsibility and care needed to operate a safe, successful business, and that is exactly what Mapei has shown.”
To qualify for the SHARP award, ADOSH evaluates an employer’s overall workplace safety and health efforts, including written programs, injury and illness rates and how integrated safety programs are with the day-to-day work environment. ADOSH conducts a full workplace inspection including extensive employee interviews.
Currently, 25 Arizona companies have received the SHARP Award. They are: Abseilon USA, LLC; Alliance Beverage Distribution Company, LLC; Bard Peripheral Vascular; Big W Sales Corporation; Consolidated rebar; Harris/Arizona Rebar; Hill Brothers Chemical Co; Imsamet of Arizona; JM Eagle; Mesquite Power, LLC; National Gypsum Company; Sara Lee Bakery Group; Schnipke Southwest; Schumacher European, Ltd.; Scottsdale Eye Surgery Center; Sto Corp.; Sulphur Spring Valley Elective Cooperative, Inc.; Sun Valley Hand Surgery; Tube Service Company; Vecro Decking, Inc.; West Valley Fertility Center; Weyerhaeuser Building Materials; JM Eagle; Vantage West Credit Union and Mapei Corporation.
Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (ADOSH) operates under an approved plan with the U.S. Department of Labor to retain jurisdiction over occupational safety and health issues within Arizona, excluding mining operations, Indian Reservations, and federal employees. This jurisdiction encompasses approximately 2.1 million employees and 130,000 public and private establishments. For more information on ADOSH, Consultation Partnership Programs and the Industrial Commission of Arizona, please visit http://www.ica.state.az.us/ or call (602) 542-5795.