- Posted January 10, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
‘Yolanda’ death toll in Phl now at 6,190
The running total of the death toll is broken into at the Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon provinces), 3; Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan), 19; Bicol, 6; Western Visayas, 294; Central Visayas, 74; Eastern Visayas, 5,792; Zamboanga Peninsula, 1; and Caraga,1.
The NDRRMC also said 28,626 people were injured while 1,785 remain missing.
The state disaster response agency added that over 3.4 million families or more than 16 million persons still affected in 12,139 villages in 44 provinces, 591 municipalities and 57 cities of Regions 4-A, 4-B, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 and Caraga, while 890,895 families or 4,095,280 people were displaced.
Of those displaced, 20,949 families or 101,527 individuals are still staying in 381 evacuation centers.
Total damage caused by Yolanda was estimated at P36.69 billion, including P18.336 billion in infrastructure and P18.354 billion in agriculture.
The NDRRMC said the number of destroyed houses has reached 1,140,332 including 550,928 destroyed and 589,404 damaged.
It added that total cost of government assistance for the affected families has reached P1.259 billion.
The Department of Social and Welfare Development (DSWD) has allocated P867 million; local government units (LGUs), P116 million; Department of Health (DOH), P218 million; and non-governmental organizations/other government organizations, P56 million.