- Posted January 11, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
LPA threatens Philippines
In an advisory received by Catherine Teves of the state-run Philippines News Agency (PNA) from the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), heavy downpour is expected to persist from two to three hours on Saturday.
”Flooding is threatening in low-lying areas and landslides in mountainous areas in Southern Philippines,” PAGASA told Teves.
She said PAGASA advised the public and disaster risk reduction and management councils concerned to monitor the weather through its next advisory.
The LPA entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) at 4 pm on Friday and is threatening three cities and 19 provinces of the country’s southern part.
Should the LPA develop into a typhoon, PAGASA will name it “Agaton” --- the first cyclone to enter the Philippines this year.