- Posted January 13, 2014 by
- Arab Women University Showcases Talent of Females in the ME Region
- Arab Women University’s Health Sciences Graduates Insist on International Collaboration for Malnutrition
- Top Architect Zaha Hadid Inspires Arab Women University to Revamp its Online Architecture Programs
- Arab Women University’s Female Psychology Graduates are Joining Major NGO’s in Iraq to Aid their Women in Coming out of Post War Trauma
- AWU Develops Female Criminal Justice Professionals to Fight against Women Discrimination in MENA
Arab Women University Helping to Bridge Gender Gap in the Job Market
Women in the ME region are largely inhabited in terms of career and education. It is not considered appropriate for them to step out of the house in search of employment or for other commercial purposes unless they have prior permission from a male family member. This results in a majority of women missing out on higher education, thereby increasing the gender gap between qualified males and females. Arab Women University (AWU) is helping to bridge this gap through its online programs designed specifically for women in the ME region.
AWU, through its world class curriculum is changing the very face of online education in the world today. An online educational institute that offers self-paced programs in over 71 majors, AWU is striving to empower Arab women through education so that they may be able to make something of themselves independently. This way, women will be able to become active members who contribute to the economy and to their own standards of living as well. As more and women become educated, the concept of working Arab women will become more acceptable. With AWU, education makes its way easily to the homes of aspiring and talented Arab women who are every bit as capable of achieving great heights of career success as their male counterparts. Indeed, the ME region has seen a lot of changes with respect to women joining the regional workforce. Groups of educated female activists have taken the initiative to voice their support as members of the working population. Arab Women University seeks to further the interests of these competent women and help them to reach their mark in the professional world.