- Posted January 14, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Why I’m Now Eating Ethically
- Build A World Where There Is No Gender Discrimination Nor Male Chauvinism
- "Yoga For Humanity"
- The Folks in San Pedro Town, Laguna Province, Philippines Voted in Favor of Cityhood in yesterday’s Referendum
- About Nelson Mandela Being an Icon for Racial Equality, Human Rights and Freedom
The Feast Of The Black Nazarene In The City Of Manila
The procession of the said image last January 9 of this year 2014 lasted for about 18 hours. Some say that the procession lasted for more than 19 hours. The devotees showed incredible faith and stamina all throughout the duration of the Black Nazarene’s procession. The Guinness Book of World Records can choose such procession as the largest one this year when it comes to the number of participants. I think the determination to overcome obstacles in order to parade, see or kiss the image of the Black Nazarene, which had been shown by the devotees of the Black Nazarene, is a clear proof that Filipinos can rise up from any gigantic disaster and recover fast because of strong faith and courage.