- Posted January 14, 2014 by
Beverly Hills, California
- “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.” ― Stephen Hawking
- Praying for Peace at the “Western Wall of the Temple”
- “If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.” ― Robert Frost
- "If we are ever to have real peace in this world we shall have to begin with the children." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi
“Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding” - Albert Einstein
“It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it” - Eleanor Roosevelt
“If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies” - Archbishop Tutu
“If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal” - John Lennon
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon
“Peace begins with a smile..” ― Mother Teresa
“You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.” ― George Bernard Shaw
“If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.” ― John F. Kennedy
The "Jerusalem" painting is NOT computer generated.
It is created with infinite patience by the artist Metin Bereketli -- by millions of free-hand strokes applied with a thin brush on a canvas through the aid of a magnifying glass.
That's why you need a magnifying glass to see all the fine details in "Jerusalem" painting.
"Jerusalem"by Metin Bereketli © 2001
30''x24'' Acrylic on canvas
U.S Postage Stamp of Jerusalem by Metin Bereketli
GLOBAL TOLERANCE AND WORLD PEACE !