- Posted January 14, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
Caught On A Clip And A Photo
First of all, I love photography and whenever I come across anything that fascinates me I usually take pictures.
On 11/1/2014 I was traveling on a bus from Kisii to Nairobi. When I reached at the Rift Valley escarpment, at a place called Mahi Mahiu, I took my phone, Samsung Galaxy Mini, and started to take photos and a clip of the valley and that’s when I caught the objects unaware.
It is on the following day when I was looking at the clip when I noticed the objects speeding across the screen. I looked at the photos which I had taken earlier and realized something on the side where Mt. Suswa is situated; it is very visible from the road that is on top of the escarpment. I zoomed the object which is black in color, looks like it’s in a rectangle blue light. On the clip after playing it in a slow motion, I noticed there was another object, which was not that visible, following the other.
Things got more mysterious when I looked at the details of the clip and photos, the time on them did not match the time I was in Mahi Mahiu.
• First photo reads 12.45pm
• Second photo reads 12.52pm
• Third photo reads 12.53pm
• The clip reads 1.00pm
Am afraid on that time I had not even reached Mahi Mahiu.
1. Left Kisii to Nairobi at around 10.20am.
2. Around 2.30pm the bus I was traveling in stopped in Narok for people to have lunch.
3. Exactly at 3.10pm I sent a message to my boyfriend telling him I was 40km away from Mahi Mahiu. I still have the message on the phone and I knew the distance because I had seen a sign on the road reading, ‘MMU 40KM’ then sent the message.
4. I reached Mahiu Mahiu around 3.50pm and that’s when I started taking the photos.
5. Reached Nairobi at around 5.30pm.
I have used my phone log to give the times. I had been receiving calls during the journey.
I have taken a few pictures to see if the time settings of my phone are correct or incorrect and up to now they are correct.
I was traveling in public transport bus and maybe if the other passengers can be found they can give their side of the story.