- Posted January 15, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to probe power generators’ conspiracy
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said Energy Secretary Carlos Jericho Petilla and Justice Secretary Leila de Lima continue to work hand in hand on the case.
Lacierda said President Benigno Aquino III is awaiting for results of the investigation if there was, indeed, a conspiracy among power generators.
“I think reasonable profit is fair to everyone,” Lacierda said, adding that all power generators are entitled to reasonable profit.
Meralco had already filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking power rate adjustment.
The public reacted sharply to Meralco’s course of action saying it’s not their obligation to shoulder the transmission charges imposed by power generators.
Meralco’s demand for a power rate hike, however, was blocked by another petition filed by militant groups seeking a temporary restraining order.