About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view omeroscar's profile
    Posted January 15, 2014 by

    More from omeroscar

    Phl to probe power generators’ conspiracy

    THE Philippine government on Wednesday said it has started its investigation into reports of “collusion” among power generators in the country after the Manila Electric Company (Meralco) threatened to impose rotating blackouts this summer.
    Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said Energy Secretary Carlos Jericho Petilla and Justice Secretary Leila de Lima continue to work hand in hand on the case.
    Lacierda said President Benigno Aquino III is awaiting for results of the investigation if there was, indeed, a conspiracy among power generators.
    “I think reasonable profit is fair to everyone,” Lacierda said, adding that all power generators are entitled to reasonable profit.
    Meralco had already filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking power rate adjustment.
    The public reacted sharply to Meralco’s course of action saying it’s not their obligation to shoulder the transmission charges imposed by power generators.
    Meralco’s demand for a power rate hike, however, was blocked by another petition filed by militant groups seeking a temporary restraining order.

    Add your Story Add your Story