- Posted January 15, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The US Revolution is Being Televised
- Obama Backs Spending Bill That Guts Financial Regulation To Avoid Shutdown? Is Obama Really a Democrat?
- No Indictments for Torture- Bush Administration; Murder- Police Officers- Darren Wilson and Daniel Pantaleo, or Fraud- Wall Street Banksters In US?
- Lower Gasoline Prices Are About 'Hurting Russia', Not 'Helping Americans
- US Bears Witness to the Savagery and Idiocy of the CIA's Torture
Senator Reid's Fear Of Mid-Term Elections and the Nuclear Option on Legislation
No. Reid wouldn't go as far as that because, "What if Democrats lose the majority in the Senate during mid- term elections this year"?
There's little danger of that unless the Americans that are being affected by government gridlock see the Democratic Party as not fighting hard enough.
Make the GOP take an up or down vote, Senator Reid.
Let the American people see that Republican representatives don't give a damn about them despite their rhetoric.
A simple majority for closure will force a floor vote and then have the vote.
Sure, the U.S. House, with Rep. John Boehner at the helm, won't pass anything that will help Obama or at least, that's how they see things.
But people will know that Democrats are trying to do something for them and not just the big corporations.
Pull the trigger, Harry and the American people will respect you for standing up to the bullies.