- Posted January 15, 2014 by
- Arizona Association for Economic Development’s March Luncheon to Discuss Economic Development Updates for Metropolitan Edge Communities
- AAED and ICSC April Symposium to Discuss “Retail 2015: Renew, Refill and Repurpose”
- Arizona American Indian Tourism Association Hosts Arizona Indian Festival
- Arizona Association for Economic Development’s February Luncheon to Discuss “Phoenix Biomedical Campus: Impact and What’s Next”
- The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Department Presents Central Arizona Project with Designation
The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Department Presents Concrete Designs Inc. with SHARP Designation
“SHARP is a voluntary consultation program for ‘small business’ that awards organizations for going above and beyond regulated safety and health standards,” said Jessie Atencio, assistant director and consultation and training program manager. “At ADOSH we believe that an employer’s safety and health programs are an essential part of a successful business.”
To qualify for the SHARP award, ADOSH evaluates an employer’s overall workplace safety and health efforts, including written programs, injury and illness rates and how integrated safety programs are with the day-to-day work environment. ADOSH conducts a full workplace inspection including extensive employee interviews.
Concrete Designs Inc. was recognized with a plaque to display the commitment they have displayed towards safety in the workplace.
Currently, 26 Arizona companies have received the SHARP Award. They are: Abseilon USA, LLC; Alliance Beverage Distribution Company, LLC; Bard Peripheral Vascular; Big W Sales Corporation; Consolidated rebar; Harris/Arizona Rebar; Hill Brothers Chemical Co; Imsamet of Arizona; JM Eagle; Mesquite Power, LLC; National Gypsum Company; Sara Lee Bakery Group; Schnipke Southwest; Schumacher European, Ltd.; Scottsdale Eye Surgery Center; Sto Corp.; Sulphur Spring Valley Elective Cooperative, Inc.; Sun Valley Hand Surgery; Tube Service Company; Vecro Decking, Inc.; West Valley Fertility Center; Weyerhaeuser Building Materials; JM Eagle; Vantage West Credit Union; Mapei; Forest Canyon Endoscopy & Surgery and Concrete Designs.
Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (ADOSH) operates under an approved plan with the U.S. Department of Labor to retain jurisdiction over occupational safety and health issues within Arizona, excluding mining operations, Indian Reservations, and federal employees. This jurisdiction encompasses approximately 2.1 million employees and 130,000 public and private establishments. For more information on ADOSH, Consultation Partnership Programs and the Industrial Commission of Arizona, please visit http://www.ica.state.az.us/ or call (602) 542-5795.
# # #