- Posted January 16, 2014 by
- Hospital themed Pumpkin Contest over the Halloween weekend
- Happy 100th birthday celebration weekend to the steam powered paddleboat Belle of Louisville along with the American queen and beautiful Belles and other river boats
- 2 ladies on fire, new grandma Hillary Clinton and aspiring senator from Kentucky Alison Grimes fire up a large crowd of die hard democrats in Louisville, KY
- Louisville's 2014 second annual Bra Bridge stretched across the Ohio river for breast cancer awareness
- The annual St. James Court Art Show 2014 weekend in historic old Louisville always a stunning display of colors, crafts and sculptures
One of The true Indian Ambassadors to USA is a chef attracting Americans for a weekend buffet in America
Recently there have been tensions at the diplomatic levels between the largest democracy in the world, India and the most powerful democracy, USA over the issue of a high level Indian diplomat who has returned to India. i am reminded of a welcome speech in honor of the then Prime Minister of India Mr. Rajiv Gandhi and his wife and the current President of the Congress Party, given by the Indian ambassador to a large gathering in Washington DC in front of visiting Indians, Indian Americans and US born Americans in1985. The Ambassador said "Mr. Prime Minister, I may be the appointed Ambassador but the real or true Ambassadors are the people of Indian origin who interact on daily basis, share the culture and cuisine, establish friendships and work towards common goals" How true are his words can be witnessed all around USA. Shown here is an image of one such Ambassador as defined by another humble Ambassador who realized the limits of his role in being confined to a luxurious home in Washington, DC while this person Mr. Vijay Poojary from Mangalore, India is recreating the culinary extravanganza from several parts of India, working in the Kitchen with the staff to ensure the authentic taste of delicacies from India, blended in spices. A very reasonably priced buffet has a wide variety of choice from soups, snacks, dosas, several vegetables, rice pilafs and biryanis, meats cooked in multiple ways, desserts, fresh breads baked in clay ovens etc. This is only a single story but the whole city of Louisville has more than half a dozen comparable restaurants serving Indian cuisine on weekends and also during weekdays (when the menu may not be the same). Every city and a mid size town in the USA will have a number of comparable restaurants. Guess what most of these restaurants are frequented by Americans of non Indian origins, especially those who like the vegetarian variety. of pulses and vegetables. So my fellow Americans, the bond between the peoples of the two democracies will always remain strong because there is more in common ground between the regular citizens or the true Ambassadors, than between the Governments of the 2 countries. In fact, the cost of maintaining lavish Embassies that are safe, to establish good will was a concept of the past century that has been continued even today when Government spending is being scrutinized. Let the world rethink how it wants to continue its business with other countries without going into a chronic debt.