- Posted January 18, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipinos unite for typhoon victims
Speaking for the group, Arnel Valera said he’ll be going to typhoon-ravaged Tacloban City this week to discuss with officials of Migrant Heritage Commission (MHC), an NGO run by Filipinos in the United States to which he is a co-director.
Valera told Ben Cal of the state-run Philippines News Agency (PNA) that MHC has put up Project REVIVE, an acronym for Rebuilding Visayas with Vibrant Ecology.
A practicing immigration lawyer in Washington, D.C., Valera was among the speakers at the First Global Summit of Filipino Nurses at the Manila Hotel last Thursday.
The summit was attended by Filipino nurses working in various parts of the world and has the theme, “Filipino Nurses Worldwide: Unite for Global Health & Nation Building.”
In his speech, Valera appealed to the nurses to join hands and come up with short and long-term plans to support the rebuilding of Eastern Visayas which was devastated by Yolanda, the world’s strongest storm to hit the country after more than four decades.
“Project REVIVE is a great way of giving back to our country of birth the needs of our people to rebuild their lives and their communities destroyed by Yolanda," Valera said.