- Posted January 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Cybersex in Philippines on the rise
The anti-cybercrime group headed by Senior Supt. Gilbert Sosa, director of the PNP Anti-Transnational and Cyber Crime Division of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (ATCCD-CIDG), has already asked the cooperation of telephone companies in its investigation into the reported child pornography.
According to the anti-crime group, web sex ring also exists in Palawan, Zamboanga and Davao provinces in Southern Philippines.
In Malacanang, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the government is willing to cooperate with foreign authorities against human trafficking in the country.
Valte said Interior and Local Government Secretary Manuel “Mar” Roxas II has previously conveyed his readiness in the local and international collaboration.
“As Secretary Roxas said, we are ready to cooperate and not only when it comes to trafficking in children or other bad elements that use Filipinos in this crimes," she said.
Valte explained that Philippines has a good coordination with authorities from other countries when it comes to crimes committed here involving foreign nationals, adding that even before international reports came out, Malacanang was already aware of the existence of a web sex ring in Cebu.
“The PNP has an existing task force that works with the IACAT,” she said. “They do share the information in most cases in trafficking,” Valte concluded