- Posted January 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
37 dead as 'Agaton' batters Philippines
Weather forecaster Glaiza Escullar said “Agaton” maintains its strength and continues to move slowly towards 11 provinces in Central and Southern Philippines.
Escullar said that as of 4 a.m. “Agaton” was located at 170 km northeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur or 175 km East of Surigao City (9.7°N 127.1°E) packed with maximum sustained winds of 55 kph near the center. It is expected to move west at 5 kph.
She said the presence of two high-pressure areas (HPAs) off the Pacific Ocean continue to prevent “Agaton” from moving faster.
The weather bureau also expects “Agaton” to make landfall in Surigao on Saturday evening or Sunday if it continues to maintain its movement and speed.
However, Escullar said that once “Agaton” hits land it would weaken into a low pressure area (LPA).