- Posted January 18, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- HS Teacher Suspended Science Projects Launce Projectiles: Zero Common Sense Policy
- Cliven Bundy & BLM Stand Off: What the media isn't telling you!
- Cliven Bundy, BLM Land Grab situation over for now but the devil is in the details!
- Help Cliven Bundy -- Cattle Rancher Under Siege by BLM
- New York SAFE Act Gun Registration Nears: April 15
Commentary: President Obama NSA Speech
A disturbing facet about President Obama's speech is that he said Paul Revere wouldn't mind the NSA spying because it protected Americans. The problem with this logic is that Paul Revere was fighting against tyranny, in form and name of King George III of Great Britain. He was fighting for freedom to be free from spied upon, the freedom to have government not dictate to us what we can, and can not think or do. He was in essence fighting for the very ideals that established our republic. That as long as you do no harm to your neighbor or his rights, you are free from government intrusion. You are free to live your live as you see fit and not as some king or dictator says.
A question to ask is this, have you bothered to read to the Constitution to understand the restraints put on the government? How can we as American safe guard our liberties and call ourselves free when we have the Federal government and their alphabet soup agencies violating the Constitution?