- Posted January 18, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- (8 min vid)Eric Frein and how he is eluding capture: The Art of War
- Is Voting Republican The Answer on Nov 5?
- Armed Terrorists Kidnap and Torture American Citizen for 11 Hours
- Armed Domestic Terrorists Threaten to Kidnap 2 Week Old Child From American Parents
- State Senatorial Candidate Can Not Recite Bill of Rights
Commentary: President Obama NSA Speech
A disturbing facet about President Obama's speech is that he said Paul Revere wouldn't mind the NSA spying because it protected Americans. The problem with this logic is that Paul Revere was fighting against tyranny, in form and name of King George III of Great Britain. He was fighting for freedom to be free from spied upon, the freedom to have government not dictate to us what we can, and can not think or do. He was in essence fighting for the very ideals that established our republic. That as long as you do no harm to your neighbor or his rights, you are free from government intrusion. You are free to live your live as you see fit and not as some king or dictator says.
A question to ask is this, have you bothered to read to the Constitution to understand the restraints put on the government? How can we as American safe guard our liberties and call ourselves free when we have the Federal government and their alphabet soup agencies violating the Constitution?