- Posted January 18, 2014 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
- New Crime Fighting Initiatives Beginning to Bear Fruit as More Guns Taken off Streets of St.Kitts-Nevis
- St.Kitts-Nevis Top Cop CG Walwyn set to Resign. Oversaw the Most Murders of Any Commissioner of Police in Country’s History
- American Pollster Reveals Opposition Favoured Going Into General Elections in St.Kitts-Nevis
- Outgoing Prime Minister of St.Kitts-Nevis declares "Not One Man Stand Alive . All Man Dead or Wounded !"
- Injunction Against New Boundaries In St.Kitts-Nevis Re-Instated By Eastern Caribbean Court Of Appeal. Elections likely to be held on Old Boundaries
Large Rallies and Public meetings shows continuing growth in support for St.Kitts-Nevis Opposition Team UNITY
On Friday Jan 17th , one week after a planned rally was cut short due to what many are descrbing as a suspicious power outage and two weeks after police withdrew permission for a planned rally on Bank Street , Team UNITY headed to downtown Basseterre for a Rally at Bank Street in the heart of the capital.
Like the Democracy March the week before well over a thousand persons turned out and packed Bank Street to give support to the UNITY Movement and to hear what the UNITY Representatives and Candidates had to say regarding the issues of the day and their plans to bring Prosperity to ALL in it’s PROSPERITY AGENDA . With hundreds more listening from their vehicles and on nearby side streets and thousands more listening via online video and audio streams Team UNITY staged another exciting and informative event.
Team UNITY Leader Dr. Timothy Harris used part of his fiery presentation to solicit prayers and thoughts of well wishes for the people of Nevis who suffered a huge loss the night before when the government treasury building was burnt down. Dr. Harris praised the astute leadership of Premier Vance Amory and the CCM Led Nevis Island Administration and expressed confidence that NEVIS under Premier Amory’s tried and tested leadership will arise from the ashes stronger and better.
According to recent Don Anderson Polls the St.Kitts-Nevis Opposition Team UNITY Movement , which comprises a coalition of three major parties the PLP, PAM and the CCM , along with Leader Dr. Timothy Harris is favoured by most to be the government leading the twin-island federation with a rating of almost 70% .
The ratings and poll results conducted by various parties have all suggested that the country prefers a Dr. Timothy Harris led Team UNITY Government at this time. This has been evidenced by the continued and growing support at Team UNITY events.
The popularity of Dr. Harris and the Team UNITY may also explain why a Motion of No Confidence filed since Dec ember 2012 (13 months ago) has yet to be brought to parliament for debate. The Team UNITY holds the Majority of 6 elected members of parliament to the governments five.