- Posted January 19, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
LPA death toll in Phl climbs to 40
National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) headed by by director Eduardo del Rosario reported Sunday.
Flash floods and landslides submerged houses and most of the deaths are attributed to drowning after the LPA developed into typhoon.
The NDRRMC said five persons were reported missing while the injured persons reached 65.
Damage to properties was estimated to P313,784,368.92, including P101,118,750.00 in infrastructure and P212,665,618.92 in agriculture.
On Sunday morning, NDDRMC said that 123,444 families or 587,115 persons were affected in 635 villages in 90 towns in 15 provinces.
Of these, 33,388 families or 161,808 persons were displaced and being served inside 436 evacuation centers.
The Department of Social and Welfare Development (DSWD) already allocated P19,865,301.08 while the Department of Health released P334,053.