- Posted January 19, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to talk peace with Muslim rebels
Speaking for the government, Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma Jr. said they are hopeful the peace pact will finally end the decades-long conflict in Southern Philippines.
It could be the final round of talks between the government and the MILF,” Coloma told dzRB Radyo ng Bayan (People’s Radio) in an interview.
He said a final agreement would be a big boost to democracy and peace, especially in Southern Philippines.
Last December, the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process headed by Teresita Deles and the MILF started finalizing the remaining Annex on Normalization, as well as an addendum on the Bangsamoro waters.
The Annex on Normalization will concretize the vision for a post-conflict Bangsamoro.
The Philippine government is now closely working with the Transition Commission and Congress to ensure the smooth passage of the Bangsamoro Basic Law.