- Posted January 20, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
Digital Philanthropy and You!
Exponential Awareness – Explaining exponential growth and how it has and will continue to change the entire world and humanity as a whole.
Digital Philanthropy is taking the idea of equality between people and government, and establishing a revolutionary solution. When people and the government work together, they become unified and equal, creating a decentralized, larger and more unified government. The people shouldn’t be against the government; they should help the government!
Digital Philanthropy innovates current technologies and opportunities, creating ways to help individuals benefit and impact the world right now! Digital Philanthropy allows anyone with Internet access to help make a difference. This idea previously seemed impossible and unrealistic, but has recently become one of the greatest realities. It is considered to be the greatest privilege in the world today!
Digital currency, Peer-to-Peer networks, Micropayments and Crowdfunding all give the ability for each person to individually promote the welfare of others. Millions of individuals can now work independently towards one global solution, and create a massive organized effort that will always result in exponential growth and progress. This opportunity exists, but the lack of knowledge is creating a gap between idea and implementation.
If Peer-to-Peer voting can be implemented, it will generate millions of new voters, especially the younger and more tech-savvy community. This type of voting would be completely transparent, and could be recorded publicly and easily accessible by everyone. This would eliminate the obligation of having to physically vote, as well as maintain faith to an individual that the vote was accounted and recorded. There would be no need to have certain times and days to vote, allowing voters much more freedom, participation, and anonymity.
A digital, globally exchangeable, decentralized money system is crucial in order to create better equality and establish more peaceful trade between nations. History teaches that governments and control over monetary policy do not work efficiently, and we are reminded of this every day via media and current world events. There is no longer a need for government control over money, as a direct result of new technology providing people the ability, freedom and security of being their own bank. There are billions of people around the globe who will never even have access to a banking system. This new technology, being digital currency, is the solution for the billions of people worldwide who are unbanked!
The undeveloped countries in Africa and the billions of unbanked can obtain inexpensive smartphones much easier than establishing a banking system. Smartphones are already being utilized for organization in developing countries around the world. This will create a global impact and paradigm shift that will be so incredible it is nearly impossible to currently comprehend. Countries will now be able to transact and trade unlike ever before.
Crowdfunding and Micropayments are privileges and opportunities that digital currency creates for the world. The next time a catastrophe occurs, such as an event like Hurricane Katrina, everyone with digital currency will be able to donate any amount of money, instantly and securely to that certain cause or event. This could potentially raise millions of dollars, while costing the participants only what they voluntarily decide to contribute, and with no transaction fees!
The Bitcoin Protocol gives people the ability to be their own bank, without needing third party or government involvement. It is much more secure, convenient, and it is math based, meaning it is mathematically designed and cannot be altered, manipulated, or controlled by any one individual or group. Representative money was backed by precious metals, governments backed fiat currency, and digital currency is backed by math!
Digital currency is also known as cryptocurrency, with the first and most well known cryptocurrency being Bitcoin. The fundamentals of digital currency and the Bitcoin Protocol are the very same attributes that make digital philanthropy achievable. With bitcoin, there are numerous advantages that no person or technology were previously able to provide. The following explains the opportunities and utilization of bitcoin and digital philanthropy.
• Micropayments: Provide the ability to send or receive any amount of value, as small as a fraction of a penny, instantly and securely. This creates the ability for everyone to easily participate in funding for a global cause, even if only providing a fraction of a cent. This revolutionizes fundraising ability.
• No Fees: 0% transaction fees. Fees aren’t necessary because there are no banks involved. It is now possible to send millions of dollars across the globe, instantly and securely, without the need of a third party.
• Secure – Cryptography and Encryption make bitcoin mathematically impossible to manipulate. Anonymity is created because no credit card or personal information is necessary to conduct a transaction in bitcoin. The public addresses of the sender and receiver may be viewed, but no personal information is linked with the address.
• Trust – The bitcoin public ledger records every transaction that has ever occurred in the bitcoin network, tracking each transaction on the “blockchain”. It is only possible to “push” funds in the bitcoin network, meaning there is no way to reverse a transaction once you voluntarily participate, eliminating the possibility of chargebacks. It is also impossible to block incoming funds, as a direct result of only being able to push funds. An example of how the blockchain records transactions is as follows: Ex. John’s (Public Address) sent Anna’s (Public Address) 1 bitcoin. John’s address is recorded as sending (minus) 1 bitcoin, and Anna’s address is recorded as receiving (adding) 1 bitcoin. There is no direct transaction between the two.
• Global Currency: Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and only globally exchangeable currency in the world currently beginning to gain acceptance. It also happens to be one of the most valuable currencies in the world, as well as the safest and most innovative. Anyone from any country, conducting business in any currency, can obtain and utilize bitcoins.
• No Inflation: Bitcoin is impossible to inflate, due to a 21 million bitcoin “cap”, meaning no more than 21 million coins will ever be mined or put into existence. The limit has no negative effect on bitcoin, being that each bitcoin is divisible. You could send 1 bitcoin, .5 bitcoins, or even .05 bitcoins. If 1 bitcoins is worth $1,000 then .1 bitcoins would be worth $100.
• Convenience: Digital currency eliminates the impractical idea and inconvenience of pocket change, while organizing and recording every fraction of a cent that has been received or sent. With change being utilized efficiently, the small amounts of change wasted or lost on a daily basis will now accumulate. This is just another convenience and benefit digital currency and digital philanthropy make possible.
CEO/Founder QLF Inc.
- My life