- Posted January 20, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine senator twists facts?
In a statement issued after Revilla delivered his privilege speech at the Senate, Roxas denied the senator’s claim that the President tried to influence the lawmaker‘s decision during the impeachment of Corona.
”I understand why Senator Revilla is angry. He is in a difficult situation with the witnesses and COA (Commission on Audit) documents linking him to the P10-billion pork barrel scam,” Roxas said.
He said Revilla was just urged Revilla to just answer the plunder case slapped against him before the Office of the Ombudsman in connection with his use of his priority development assistance fund.
Revilla was among the senators linked to the bogus nongovernment organizations of Janet Lim-Napoles, who is tagged as mastermind in the P10-billion pork barrel scam.
”But the resolution to his problem is not circumventing the issue, the twisting of facts and deceiving people. He should just answer what the witnesses alleged against him and explain the documents linking him to the Napoles scam,” Roxas stressed.