- Posted January 21, 2014 by
The 2014 RISE Awards is Now Taking Nominations
We are excited to announce that we are now taking nominations for the 2014 RISE Awards. Our previous awards recognized people from all walks of life that are making a difference in the Down syndrome community. To check out previous nominees and recipients, please visit http://goo.gl/Gyvgz7 Please continue to support all nominees.
This year, we will honor self-advocates with Down syndrome and recognize them for their gifts, talents and accomplishments. This event not about who wins or loses because they are ALL winners. It’s about getting their stories out there and spreading positive awareness. Honorees must be United States residents, and able to attend the live event in October.
The nomination deadline date has been extended until March 15, 2014.
The voting process begins March 21, 2014 and ALL nominees will be highlighted on the website The three (3) individuals who receive the most votes, will be honored at the 2014 RISE Awards live event in Atlanta, GA.
We are rolling out the red carpet and this will be a night to remember! The entire evening and performances will be centered on the honorees.
To nominate an extraordinary person with Down syndrome, please go to http://goo.gl/ZrLXiq
The voting process will be simple:
- On March 21, 2014 Each Nominee’s story along with photo posted on the website www.ypierre.com/rise AND on the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hyhriseawards
- Get shares and like on the image via the Facebook page www.facebook.com/hyhriseawards
- Voting will end on April 4, 2014
- The TOP 3 that receives the most shares and comments on Facebook will be selected
We’re looking forward to sharing these amazing stories!