- Posted January 21, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipino farmers charge presidenr with plunder
“We have to see the basis of prosecutors,” Coloma said. “We don’t know any detail and particulars aside from the case was filed. We have very limited basis,” Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. told reporters.
The militant Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pillipinas (Farmers’ Movement in the Philippines) alleged that that the President directed the funds to projects not related to energy.
The Malampaya fund represents government revenue from the sale of natural gas from gas fields off the west coast of Palawan province in Southern Philippines.
However, a Presidential Decree indicated that the fund can be spent for other purposes as directed by the President.
Coloma said the Palace has yet to look into the plunder charges filed by militant groups against the President Aquino.
He also said that although plunder charges were filed, the President, for as long as it was still his term, enjoys immunity from suits.