- Posted January 21, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Winter weather 2014
- East vs West Weather Report War
- Path Train Service Update - With List of Places To Help & Get Help in NY, NJ & Staten Island
- Sandy Recovery: Where to Get Help & How To Help After The Superstorm in NYC & The Surrounding Areas
- Video Corrupted while Uploading Sorry. It has been Reloaded.
- Midtown Manhattan Recovers after Superstorm Sandy
Winter Snow Storm Hits New York City
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
On Jan 21, 2014 The winter snow storm is hitting New York City hard. Accumulation in Manhattan is about 8-12 inches with North winds between 15-20mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Things are getting cold with wind chills, as low as 10 below zero late tonight. The snow fall snowfall will continue through tonight, tapering off early Wednesday morning.
At the time of this report it's cold, windy, snowy 16 degree and dropping here in Manhattan. The snow continues to fall as shop owners constantly shoveling the sideways outside their doorways. Shivering city slickers bundled up and try to handle it the best they can by getting extra groceries and staying inside. Most New Yorkers still had to go into work today so they trekked through the cold in the snow with heavy coats and boots on. The MTA busses and trains are working but the buses are moving slowly and some say 'out of service' as they pass by frozen commuters huddling on the sidewalks. The snow plows are out in full force with the chains strapped to their tires. And a broken down school bus was towed away in the early evening. There is still lots of hustle and bustle as the police and firemen rush about dealing with the usually chaos of NYC a midst this harsh winter snow storm.
CNN iReporter Nyle Lynn is a professional actress working and living in Manhattan New York. This iReport was shot by her husband Shane on a Nikon D800.
To learn more about Nyle you can go to www.nylelynn.com Stay Warm!