- Posted January 21, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
‘Agaton’ leaves Phl; 45 deaths recorded
The NDRRMC also reported that 900,000 people were affected due to prolonged rains that induced flash flood and landslides after "Agaton" battered Southern Philippines.
The weather bureau said most of the deaths are attributable to landslides and drowning that gave rise to the number of deaths.
The number of injured persons rose to 68, while eight are still missing in four regions, the report said.
The tropical depression left an estimated P369,142,178.22-damage to properties, including P128,513,750.00 in infrastructure and P240,628,428.22 in agriculture in three regions.
In its Wednesday morning update, the NDDRMC said 186,543 families or 895,572 persons were affected in 846 barangays in 103 municipalities in 15 provinces, including the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in Southern Philippines.
The NDRRMC also said 55,501 families or 260,478 persons were displaced and now housed in 585 evacuation centers.