- Posted January 22, 2014 by
- Ethiopian Broadcaster Fires 20 Journalists for “Narrow Political Views”
- Ethiopian Government jamming Arab Satellite Transmission
- Ethiopians in Sweden Condemned the mass killing of Oromia, Amhara and arrest of nine more journalists and bloggers .
- Ethiopian Security forces arrest nine bloggers and a journalist in latest crackdown on opposition voices.
- Ethiopian government uses telecom to spy on Opposition inside Country and Abroad
Thousands protest against 'sex game' rape ruling
Tell us your storyThousands gathered at the Medborgarplatsen in Stockholm, Saturday, to protest against the acquittal of a 27-year-old man who admitted to using violence during sexual intercourse despite the woman's resistance.
Activists and journalists chanted and held banners aimed at law makers to convey their concern at the verdict. In the case of the 27-year-old, the man defended his use of force by saying he thought he was involved in a violent sex game in which he was the dominant player.
Activists have also collected thousands of signatures to petition for reform of sexual assault laws, demanding the inclusion of the "mutual consent" standard. Under this proposal, consent for sex would need to be explicit from both individuals in a way that could be proven in court.