- Posted January 22, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
- Junior Achievement Helps Prepare Valley Students for the World of Work with Support from Microsoft
- Give your story a titleLOCAL SUBWAY® Franchisee Advertising Trust Names 2014-2015 Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors for the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing Elects Sherry Appleby as Board Chair
- Stephanie Adamovich Appointed to Board of Directors for the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing
- ARIZONA COMMISSION FOR THE DEAF AND THE HARD OF HEARING ELECTS THREE TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Cycle for Success Rides into Phoenix
Cycle for Success focuses on increasing children’s self-esteem, encouraging the community to become involved in the lives of at-risk children and promoting volunteerism in local schools. Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona and The Be Kind People Project advocate for the health and safety of children, recognize random acts of kindness that may otherwise go unnoticed, and encourage community involvement in the lives of at-risk youth.
“I am constantly impressed that Leslie takes the initiative to complete all her homework each night in addition to her family responsibilities,” said Heather Wilkinson, Nolasco’s teacher and nominator.
Megan Gulick, Baez’s teacher and nominator, said, “She has really blossomed as an individual and as a student; she is always willing to jump in and help others.”
Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona’s mission is to provide sports equipment, uniforms, registration fees and access to major sporting events for kids who might not otherwise be able to participate. Subway Restaurants of Arizona supports kids in sports because it believes basic sports skills -- teamwork, commitment and accountability -- help kids throughout their lives. Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona has reached more than 25,000 Arizona children since its inception in 1999.
For more information, please visit Facebook.com/SubwayKidsandSportsofArizona.
- My life