- Posted January 22, 2014 by
- Woodland Pond Resident to Publish Book on Healthcare Dilemma
- The Legacy Senior Communities' Corporate Canine Keeps Stress Levels Down and Encourages the Benefits of a Pet-Friendly Atmosphere for Seniors
- Grace Presbyterian Village Hosts Resident History Book Unveiling
- Wheelock Terrace Assisted Living Honored Lake Sunapee Region VNA & Hospice with Senior Service Award
- Presbyterian Village North Residents Celebrated Freedom with a Patriotic Dog Parade
The Village at Gleannloch Farms Invites the Public to Calvin College's Free January Lecture Series
The senior living community is honored to yet again be chosen as one of approximately 40 remote locations to broadcast this series across the nation. All of the classes during the three-week period are open to the public to view the free webcasts at The Village at Gleannloch Farms. The January Series focuses on a wide variety of topics ranging from Christian perspectives on education, to child sex trafficking, to civil rights. These lectures include speakers such as ESPN Founder Bill Rasmussen, American astronomer and senior project scientist for the Hubble Space Telescope, Jennifer Wiseman, and civil rights activist John M. Perkins, to name a few.
“We are excited to be able to stream these lectures to offer such an educational experience to our residents and members of the community,” said Jan Piveral, executive director for The Village at Gleannloch Farms. “It is important to keep the mind engaged by learning new information at any age, and we enjoy offering these experiences.”
The Village at Gleannloch Farms hosts and plans many educational outings throughout the year on topics of interest to the residents and the general public. For a full schedule of the lecture series go to www.calvin.edu/january/2014. For more information on these free lectures, call The Village at Gleannloch Farms at 877-312-2140, or stop by 9505 Northpointe Boulevard in Spring.