- Posted January 24, 2014 by
- Come See The Lovely Jazz Songstress Cheryl Barnes Play Music From Her New Album At H.O.M.E. In Beverly Hills
- If You’re a Fan of Metallica, Van Halen and Other L.A. Metal Bands, It’s Not Too Late to be a Part of L.A. Metal Rock History
- Christian Rock Band The Jon Collins Band Released a New Music Video on YouTube with a Similar Sound to The Afters
- If You Are a Fan of American Idol Phillip Phillips, Check Out Jon Collins Band ’s Pop Rock Single “Let Love Live”
- Looking for an Original Rock Band with a Classic Rock Feel? Check out Location of Incident’s New Single on Itunes
LAMA, One of LA’s Music Colleges, Announced Their New Name and Rock Icon Program Chair at 2014 Winter NAMM
Los Angeles Music Academy (LAMA) changed their name to the Los Angeles College of Music (LACM) to better represent what the college is providing. They announced their new name and new program chair at the 2014 Winter NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants). This music college is now offering new degrees in Music Performance and Music Production! The Bachelor’s programs allow individuals to not only develop their talents but to truly find their voice, understand how to work in the music industry, and to develop a strong network.
The Los Angeles College of Music (LACM) is comprised of current, leading, musical professionals with a passion for inspiring the next generation. They offer a significant number of real world playing situations with professional musicians, not just peers, setting the school apart from other prestigious music institutions. The college is comprised of talented students from around the world who partner together in an intimate and supportive environment to learn to create, record, perform and market in today’s competitive music industry. LAMA announced their new name, Los Angeles College of Music, at the 2014 Winter NAMM and also unveiled their new Songwriting Program Chair Arthur "Art" Alexakis! Art Alexakis is best known as the Lead Singer, Guitarist, Producer and Principle Songwriter for the Multi-Platinum, Grammy nominated Alternative rock band Everclear. As Chair of the Songwriting Program for the Los Angeles College of Music, he will lead and inspire the next generation of musicians in songwriting.
Alexakis was at the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus writing an original song with five LACM students. The song was turned into a music video and debuted on stage at a press conference at the Lennon Bus Imagine Party on Friday! Songwriting majors at LACM will graduate armed with a solid catalog of competitive material along with a network of music and entertainment professionals to further their career goals. Check out LACM’s brand new website at www.lacm.edu and see how you can be a part of the next generation of musical leaders. You can also check LACM on their Facebook here at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Facebook, Twitter here at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Twitter, and Instagram here at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Instagram .