- Posted January 24, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
King Carl to visit Phl's ravaged city
The report said King Carl will also visit other related projects implemented by the Swedish Government through the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance in the aftermath of typhoon “Yolanda” (Haiyan).
The Swedish King is in Manila for a three-day official visit – His Majesty’s first in the country. He was invited as Guest of Honor at the Invitational Peace Jamboree of the BSP in its centenary year.
His Majesty has served as the honorary chairman of the World Scout Foundation since 1977, which raises funds for various scouting projects worldwide, including the Ticket to Life project in the Philippines.
King Carl is one of the longest serving monarchs in Europe, having celebrated the 40th anniversary of his accession to the throne in 2013.
Under His Majesty’s reign, the Swedish monarchy has evolved to be seen as the world’s most modern monarchy.
King Carl is second cousin to Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and is related to the reigning monarchs in Europe. He is married to Queen Silvia Sommerlath and has three children: Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.