- Posted January 24, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- At least 10 people killed as Kyiv clashes continues
- 95 people were arrested during brutal sweeps in Zaporizhia, Dnipropetrovsk and Cherkasy
- Ukraine Today: Fourth official death among protesters, Yanukovych offers job to opposition, storming of Ukrainian house
- Violence surges in Ukraine: tens of people were killed, kidnapped and tortured
Yanukovych lost control over 7 cities, 5 are blocked by protesters
At the same time local administrations in Uzhhorod, Zhitomir, Vinnitsa, Chernigiv and Sumy are paralised by protesters. The situation is constantly changing. Activists and radical youth stormed the governor's office in Cherkassy (city in the center of Ukraine) yesterday but were superseded by police. More than 58 people were arrested. Several thousand of people picketed local police and prosecutor offices but have not been able to agree with officials and release detainees.
Football fans (ultras) of Dynamo (Kyiv), Dnipro (Dnipropetrovsk), Metallist (Kharkiv), Zorya (Lugansk), Shakhtar (Donetsk), Tavriya (Simferopol) and Chernomorets (Odessa) showed their support of Euromaidan and decided to protect protesters in their native cities from "titushki" (pro-government armed provocateurs).