- Posted January 24, 2014 by
- TODAY DR. KENT BRANTLY WAS HONORED IN FORT WORTH THIS MORNING AT 10:30 AM IN TARRANT COUNTY
- GLENN NIXON TALK ABOUT THE BIG JOB FAIR
- DOZEN OF PEOPLE PROTEST IN FRONT OF THE TARRANT COUNTY JAIL IN FORT WORTH FOR JUSTICE FOR TIFFNEY MCADOO
- NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness
- HAND UP DONT SHOOT WAS THE MESSAGE
WHAT A BIG DAY. Judge Orders Brain-Dead Pregnant Woman Off Life Support
A judge on Friday ordered a Texas hospital to remove life support for a pregnant, brain-dead woman whose family had argued that she would not want to be kept in that condition.
Judge R.H. Wallace Jr. on Friday heard arguments from attorneys for both the family of Marlise Munoz and John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
On Friday afternoon, he ruled in favor of the family and ordered John Peter Smith Hospital to declare Munoz dead and to take her off life support.
The hospital has until 5 p.m. Monday to comply with the judge's order.
Erick Munoz, of Haltom City, said his wife Marlise, a fellow paramedic, clearly stated to him before he found her unconscious on Nov. 26: If she ever fell into this condition, she was not to be kept alive.
Erick, with tears in his eyes, made no statement to the media when he left. Some ppl was so upset about this. i am donnell ballard for cnn iReport Do you have a story? call 972-801-7465