- Posted January 24, 2014 by
- DONNA JONES TELL HER STORY. From New Orleans to Fort Worth A Survivor's Story
- iReporter talk 101 with KAYE smith about Republican presidential nominee hopeful Donald Trump
- WHAT A BIG NIGHT ON FRI. BLACK LIVES MATTER "Trust Before Tragedy.
- CELEBRITY NEWS WITH DONNELL BALLARD
- iReporter Donnell Ballard talk 101 with community leader Hector Flores talk about Texas pool party in Mckinney police
WHAT A BIG DAY. Judge Orders Brain-Dead Pregnant Woman Off Life Support
A judge on Friday ordered a Texas hospital to remove life support for a pregnant, brain-dead woman whose family had argued that she would not want to be kept in that condition.
Judge R.H. Wallace Jr. on Friday heard arguments from attorneys for both the family of Marlise Munoz and John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
On Friday afternoon, he ruled in favor of the family and ordered John Peter Smith Hospital to declare Munoz dead and to take her off life support.
The hospital has until 5 p.m. Monday to comply with the judge's order.
Erick Munoz, of Haltom City, said his wife Marlise, a fellow paramedic, clearly stated to him before he found her unconscious on Nov. 26: If she ever fell into this condition, she was not to be kept alive.
Erick, with tears in his eyes, made no statement to the media when he left. Some ppl was so upset about this. i am donnell ballard for cnn iReport Do you have a story? call 972-801-7465