- Posted January 26, 2014 by
Los Angeles, California
- Empress Shebah and Princess Maria Amor as Royal Guests of Honor at the World Peace Summit in Korea
- 2ND GLOBAL OFFICIALS OF DIGNITY AWARDS TAKES A GIANT LEAP AT THE UNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK
- Innocent At Risk (IAR) Non-Profit Organization Joins WCH for 2nd G.O.D. Awards at The United Nations in New York In June, 2014
- The Singing Balinese Veterinarian
- Humanitarian World Tour by HH Princess Maria Amor & VITLABS Inc. Commences In Indonesia
Former U.S. Representative and 1st G.O.D.'s Dignitary Woman of The Year, Diane Watson Joins G.O.D. Awards On Its Second Year As A Judge and Presenter of Awards
Diane Watson began a career in education serving as a teacher in 1956. Inspired by a long-standing desire to fortify school systems and help students by intensifying school standards from their foundations, Ms. Watson industriously served Los Angeles public schools as an elementary school teacher and school psychologist, and she also functioned as the first African-American woman to serve the Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education. While serving the California State Senate, Ms. Watson became recognized as a statewide and national advocate for numerous issues, those of which included health care, women, and children. Her efforts led to the execution of legislation to sponsor breast cancer research, and in 1997, Ms. Watson initiated legislation to strengthen food health safety requisites for restaurants.
Ms. Watson worked proudly as an elected official for 25 years. She served in the California State Senate for 20 years, and was appointed by former President Clinton as United States Ambassador to the Federated States of Micronesia until 2001. She was then sworn in as a member of Congress after the death of Congressman Julian Dixon, who possessed the seat for 22 years. In 2003, Ms. Watson was sworn in as a member of the 108th Congress. She attributes her success in her role to her education, goal-oriented nature, and the support she has received from her family.