- Posted January 27, 2014 by
Digital Engineers Holds the Future of the Oil and Gas Industry
In Australia for example, there is the challenge of training enough workers to service the $200 billion worth of major gas projects currently under construction. The report by the Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency AWPA predicts that more than 22,000 new jobs will be created in the industry by 2018 when most of the $200 billion worth projects under construction move into production. It recommends a greater focus on skills development to ensure the industry avoids an undersupply of critical skills in the future.
One of the problems with training is not with the student going into the industry but is with the professor staying in the university. The industry offers professor more money to work for them rather than stay to educate the next batch of engineers. This is a huge challenge.
The engineering skills employers should look for when hiring the future workforce and the trends within the oil and gas industry that will make this part inevitable are discussed in this edition.
Other major news highlights in this first issue are:
• America’s Energy Poise to become Energy Superpower says a new report by the America Petroleum Institute
• Mr. Vito Testaguzza Managing Director of Saipem Nigeria reveals Sapiem’s commitment to local content and sustainability projects planned for the region in 2014.
• Railroad Commission of Texas clarifies Texas Force Pooling Law
• Shell-Travel Center to Build 100 LNG Commercial Fueling Network for 18 Wheeler Trucks Nationwide says Dan McCarthy GM National Accounts, Shell Oil Products and
• Lee Whittaker, CEO and President, United Safety talks about the world’s first vehicle gas protection system.
• Nigeria Largest Oil Producer in Africa-Fourth Largest LNG Exporter, Global opportunities in marginal field and power sector is highlighted in this report.
• America leading the world in - Wide Bandgap Semiconductors the next revolution in clean Energy Technologies
• Latest Global upstream Oil and Gas report
• Shale drilling report and lots more.
Click Here to download the digital copy of this first issue 2014
About USA Oil and Gas Monitor Magazine
USA Oil and Gas monitor http://usaoilandgasmonitor.com is a magazine that features global trends and innovative technology of oil and gas companies. We also provide daily news update in the oil and gas industry online. The magazine is distributed both in digital and print format to a global audience and in global oil and gas conferences.
GLOBALPRPLUS is a global news distribution service provider- this news is available in 4 other language versions namely-