- Posted January 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines determined to win peace
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. on Friday said the government is focused on winning the peace in the country’s southern part by effecting needed changes
Coloma stressed that failure to establish a new Bangsamoro political entity that will change the status quo will not be an acceptable scenario for Malacañang Palace.
"Government efforts are focused on winning the peace in Mindanao. The alternative to change is the status quo and the status quo is not acceptable," he told reporters.
At the very least, he said the government will continue to perform its task of ensuring peace and stability and protecting the citizens.
Coloma also assured the public the government has enough forces to maintain peace and order in war-torn regions from various armed groups.
"It is still the primordial duty of the state to maintain law and order," he said.
The government is hoping to bring much-needed peace to Southern Philippines with the signing of an annex that would pave the way for a comprehensive peace agreement.