- Posted January 28, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
I might not be available for the next few months…
So, after protests continued to spread throughout the country, including to the east, Ukraine’s justice minister has threatened to call for a state of emergency.
What would the state of emergency mean?
Emergency involves :
- Establishment of a special regime of entry and exit, as well as restrictions on freedom of movement in the territory , where we introduce a state of emergency ;
- Restriction of movement of vehicles and their inspection ;
- Strengthening the protection of public order;
- Prohibition of mass events , the prohibition of strikes;
- Curfews ;
- Verification of documents from the citizens , and if necessary - conducting searches of individuals and items , vehicles , baggage and cargo , premises and property of citizens;
- Ban the manufacture and distribution of information materials, which may destabilize the situation ;
- Regulation of civil television and radio centers , the prohibition of amateur radio transmitting equipment , mobile phones and wireless Internet modems;
- Special rules of usage and transmission of information over computer networks;
- Raising the question of the prohibition of political parties and public organizations in the interests of national security and public order, public health or the protection of the rights and freedoms of others , and the like.