- Posted January 29, 2014 by
South River, New Jersey
Super Bowl Sunday Health Tips
Many of us are looking forward to a great super bowl game on Sunday. People get excited and do things they don’t normally do. How can you have fun yet stay healthy at the same time?
1. Don’t drink and drive. Designate a driver if you are going to be drinking somewhere that you need transportation. I know this is a no brainer but alcohol related driving deaths still exist and they are all unnecessary.
2. Snack in moderation. We should try to eat healthy but there is nothing wrong with sometimes going off the health food trail. But, do it in moderation. Add some healthy foods to the mix.
3. If your team is losing or makes a dumb play, don’t hit your fist into the wall. We see many patients with “boxer’s fractures” from doing this. It will be OK, there is next year.
4. Take a half time break and exercise. It will help keep your endorphins at a manageable level.
5. If you will be celebrating anywhere outdoors, dress warm. Wear layers.
6. And most importantly, use common sense. Follow all the same rules you usually do. Drive safe, wear your seatbelts. You may be driving sensibly but not everyone else is.
Hope everyone has a fun and enjoyable and safe super bowl experience.